Kapetaniana is probably the most historic, in terms of climbing history, area of Crete. Rock climbing is based around the isolated village of Kapetaniana, and it was developed by Zbynek Cepela in the ’80. The picturesque, isolated and wild nature of the Asterousia mountain range offers remote and peaceful rock climbing. However, it is only 75km from Heraklion, and therefore is very accessible.
There are over 150 climbing routes spread across the area, with a wide range of grades on solid white limestone rock. Almost all of the crags offer spectacular views of the Libyan Sea!
The most ideal time of the year to visit is either spring or autumn.
- 1 participant – 240 euros
- 2 participants – 120 euros/person
- 3 participants – 100 euros/person
- 4 participants – 90 euros/person
- More than 4 persons/families – Please contact